Either way, I know I am not the only one who looks in the mirror and wonders how I went from woman to mom, with seemingly little trace of woman left. I think we can all take comfort in knowing this stage does not last forever, and in the not too distant future we will once again be able to pee by ourselves! In the meantime, laugh at this light hearted approach to our current state of being.
Nine Hygiene Confessions of a Mother of Littles
1) I have been working on the same can of shaving cream for nearly a year, and no, my husband hasn't even been deployed.
2) I used to spend $30 for salon shampoo and conditioner. I do not have time for two steps, I now use a two in one made by Pantene.
3) About 80% of the time I leave the house without looking in the mirror and I put way more thought into what my kids are wearing than my own clothes.
4) In the midst of three to five appointments a week for everyone (including the dog) but me, a dental cleaning is somehow considered "me" time and thus has been put off for a year and a half.
5) I get more use out of my label maker than my blow dryer or straightener...seriously, I have blown dry my hair less than ten times in the last year.
6) I can only shower when hubby is home or I have a babysitter, so yeah about every third day.
7) If the children are screaming and pounding on my door when I turn off the shower, I turn it back on for five minutes to allow myself the illusion of peace and quiet.
8) I use more concealer under my eyes than a drag queen and very rarely enjoy the luxury of foundation, blush, eyeshadow and don't even own mascara.
9) While I love this stage of sippies, bottles, giggles, and discovery, part of me longs for the day when I will be able to take a bath and have a glass of wine without three baby monitors threatening interruption!